You are warmly invited to a study day entitled:
at Third Floor, 9-10 Frederick Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 1JD
On Sunday 11th November 2018; 9 30am to 4 00 pm
Cost £25 including vegetarian buffet lunch and all refreshments
The general subject for the day will be Freedom.
Over the millennia, in many different ways it is what humanity has strived for, lived for, fought for and died for.
But what is freedom? Of course there is the obvious physical freedom from repression, tyranny and slavery but philosophically it means much more than that.
So throughout the day we will discuss:
- What is the nature of true freedom?
- What impedes true freedom, how is it lost?
- Why does everyone have a need to be free?
- A traditional holistic view of man
- Creativity and Freedom
- What can we control in our life?
- What can’t we control in our life?
- How can we avail ourselves of true freedom?
The day will contain practical elements to help us in our discovery of answers to these important issues.
- Practice and develop the mindful awareness exercise that has already been introduced
- Practice very basic calligraphy
- Practice simple sounding and listening (starting with basic vowel sounds from the ancient Sanskrit language)
All useful practices for bringing the attention into the present moment and allowing the mind to fall still.
The day will begin at 9am for coffee and registration, the workshop will start at 9:30am and finish at approximately 4pm. The cost is £25 with a beautiful vegetarian buffet and all refreshments included.
As always these days, I look forward to spending a warm, friendly, peaceful and (hopefully) enlightening day with you.
All are welcome including any family or friends you think may be interested. So if you want to come please book early to save disappointment.
To secure your place on the workshop you can enrol using the form at the bottom of this page.
I look forward to seeing you,
These workshops typically sell out early. To reserve your place and save disappointment you can enrol for this workshop by using the form below: